After attending Woldingham school in Surrey, Katy went to Manchester University, where she received a first class degree in English Literature and Linguistics and a Masters in Post-1900 Literature, Theories and Cultures. While at Manchester, Katy won the 2011 24/7 Theatre Festival Award for Most Promising New Writer for a comedy about a ninja monkey at a dinner party: a play she wrote, produced and directed. She also played lead roles in several University drama productions.
Katy interned at The Telegraph before getting a job as a journalist for Country Life magazine where she has been for the past three years and is currently Deputy Features Editor. Katy’s pet Labradors are the loves of her life, she is mildly obsessed with Jane Austen and one day she hopes to wake up as an elf in Lord of the Rings. She currently lives in Brixton with her much cooler and funnier housemate.
The It Girl has currently sold in 12 foreign territories. The third book in the series will hit shelves in November 2016.
The It Girl:
Everybody wants to be a famous It Girl. Don’t they?
Anna Huntley’s aims in life:
1) To reacreate famous film scenes with Dog (per Labrador) such as the lift from The Lion King during that Circle of Life song.
2) To not accidentally set Dputy Queen Bee, Josie Graham’s, hair on fire. Again.
3) To keep first and only school friends by not doing anything in usual manner of socially inept dork and outcast.
4) To work out whether 1) and 2) constitute being socially inept – or outcastish.
5) To hide in the cupboard FOR LIFE after her dad gets engaged to one of the most famous actresses EVER, the paparazzi move in and everyone in school (The World) is on the brink of discovering why no one wants to be friends with Anna…