Libraries-Schools Programme events are open to all primary and secondary schools local to our library partner for the year. You must be willing to come to a local library for the event (though we will discuss other options in exceptional circumstances). We can’t help with the costs of getting to the library, but the event itself will be free to you and all your students. We try to provide at least one free book per event for your school library, though this depends on our budget.
Below, we’ve put together a little ‘Toolkit’ of even more advice about author visits covering everything from planning to ways to fund events, including
- Q&As with two authors who are also English Teachers: Louisa Reid and Emma Carroll,
- An interview with Carnegie-winning author Tim Bowler, who has a wealth of experience of events of all types,
- Katherine Woodfine’s Top Tips on careers in publishing, Sarah Barnard about life as a librarian, and Rachel Kennedy on the importance of volunteering for boosting your CV,
- Librarian and author Lucy Ivison discussing events with writing-partner author Tom Ellen, and
- a Q&A with Hillingdon Borough Libraries’ Rosemary Marchant of Oak Farm Library.
Do check out the YA Shot Blog & Vlog Tour tab as well for even more resources to use in preparing for your event!